Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gavin's Second Ski Day - First time on chair lift!

We went to Eldora again last Thursday. This time, instead of taking the magic carpet numerous times, Gavin saw the chair lift and asked about it. We were on the bunny hill so it didn't go too far up the hill. But we went again and again and again. He was hooked. We would get about half way down the hill and he would yell "Dive Bomb" which meant - Go straight down mom! He giggled the whole way down. Towards the end of our day he told me he wanted to try skiing on his own. We went to a slight incline at the bottom of the hill where he skied towards me a few times. He's getting the hang of it. We may try to go one more time.

Next year he will get lessons from the pros. He did however say to me the night before we went - Mom, you took lessons when you were little right? Yes, I said. Then you should be good at teaching me. The kid is smooth (he didn't really want to go to lessons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment