Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bye bye my little red car!


With Joel starting a new job and another little person on the way, my 2 door Civic's days were numbered. I bought this car about a year after I moved out to Colorado - the Mighty Probe's heating system died and I wasn't about to get it fixed. So along came the little red Civic - el-strip-o as peppy would say - manual everything and no A/C! We got it detailed last Wednesday, posted it on CL on Friday and sold it on Saturday morning. Besides a few minor scratches and dings, she still looked good after 10 years! We had 4 people scheduled to take a look at her and had to call them all back and say "Sorry, it's gone!" A little sad to see my first and only new car drive away with someone else. Oh well, as Joel says - "It's only a car!" We upgraded - slightly - to a 4 door Civic. Now David and I have basically the same car. I think that's where we started back in NJ - isn't it - he had a blue Eclipse and I had the blue Probe. Hmmm! Well, here is one last photo of the ol girl. Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment