Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Routine

Joel started his new job on Monday - the first computer-related job in a long time that he has to go into an office like the rest of us working stiffs! He has been waking up at 5:45 to get showered and out the door. I actually see him for a brief moment in the mornings now! He gets Gavin up and out the door at 7 and on his way to work in north Denver. I am taking the early bus home to pick up G from Maria's. Something new for me! I might actually start to know the names of the kids Gavin spends his days with!

I'm continuing to work from home on Thursdays so G can "sleep in" and we can take our time getting moving - right! Thursday is trash and recycle day. This morning, Gavin and I sat in bed and read the fish book and the choo choo book. Then it was time to get dressed and take out the trash/recycle and let the dogs out. Well, in doing all that, I locked us out of the house - yeah! Luckily daddy was smart and gave the neighbor a spare key. Gavin and I walked down the street and retrieved it. On with the morning, time to go to daycare. We walked - it was pretty nice for a January morning - mid-30s and sunshine!

We got to Maria's house, I unclipped Gavin from his stroller, got him up the steps and off he went. Left his snack trap by the door and went right to Maria. This kid is trained - he heard breakfast in the background. He took her hand and off they went - no messing around! Good job little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment