Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Decorating for the holidays!

Grandma and Grandpa left the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Joel took them to the airport so I had to figure out how to entertain the little rascals for a few hours. What did I do: started unpacking the Christmas stuff! I got the mini tree out of the basement and plugged it in (I left the wooden beads on last year so voila, tree looked good in 2 seconds!)

With Trevor on the move this year, I thought better about getting my favorite ornaments out. I had the boys help me make a paper garland. I cut and Gavin assisted with the stapler. Trevor acted as project manager and let us know when the garland was getting long enough to drag to the living room to put on the tree. After making a few miles of paper chain, I switched over to snowflakes which we later put on all of the front windows. A good non-religious yet festive decorating option!





At last count, Trevor had knocked the tree over twice. We did put some ornaments up - the non-breakables. Trevor enjoys taking the snowmen off and carrying them around the house. Grandma Joyce got us an advent calendar - Gavin is in charge of moving the candy cane to the right date! The boys also think this is a growth chart and like to go up and ask how tall they are. It's pretty funny to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment