Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trevor Martin Beam has arrived!





After visiting the hospital twice since Monday morning, Trevor arrived - on our third visit. Of course, it happened after we agreed on a name on Sunday - and finished painting the wall unit in the family room - he knew he was allowed to come out and play!

I started having contractions at 9 on Sunday night. We waited around until 6:30 Monday moring. Joel took Gavin over to Maria's house and we got in the car to the U in rush hour traffic. Went up to the labor and delivery floor and they told me I was in pre-labor and to come back later. We went to Children's for breakfast then to my regular appt at 11. Dr. H said said we'd probably meet the new little guy by the end of week - not today, go home. Started having contractions again on Monday so Gavin spent the night at Maria's house. Still pre-labor, nothing changed, just intensity of contractions! So when it happened a third time, I thought I'd deal w the pain. This time, Joel took Gavin to Maria's at 2:30 in the morning and we drove down to the hospital for our third visit. This time it was for real! We checked in, and the staff had a bit of urgency this time - I was at 7 cm dialate - time to get moving. They got me upstairs and gave me the epidural. Then I pushed for 3 hours or so - baby wasn't moving down any further. Turns out his head was down but facing the wrong way - that's why he didn't move down any further. So, after that pain and torture, they prepped me for a C-Section. Another long process since they were going thru the same scar as previously.

At 11:23 on Wednesday, April 27, Trevor Martin Beam arrived. 7 lbs 7 oz and 20.25 inches long. He has a bit of a cone head due to the pushing earlier in the morning. He also has a pretty good head of dark brown hair. Very mellow, actually let us sleep quite a bit (so far!).

I was more than out of it on Wednesday and able to get out of bed today, Thursday!

Enough with the babble, I'll probably have to rewrite this after Joel tells me what really happened!

2 comments: