Friday, April 22, 2011

What's New?

Mom's at 38+ weeks, baby has dropped and we still haven't agreed on a name! My co-workers check on me every morning to see if I'm still there!

In Gavin news, we got the curtains hung in his big boy room over the weekend so it isn't quite so bright in there. The room has a crib, thanks to the neighbors, a matching dresser and his big boy bed as we have been calling it! He took 1 nap in the crib then decided he was ready for the big boy bed. I figured, why not, if he wants to, we'll give it a try. He successfully slept in the bed 3 nights in a row. Then on Thursday night he thought he'd give his new found skill a try - opening doors! He left his bed 4x after being put down so mommy played hard ball and put him into the crib. He wasn't too happy about this and cried for a while then went to sleep. Tonight it was all business. Milk, read the boat book a few times and then he said "bye mommy" so I tucked him into his big boy bed, closed the door and left. I stayed upstairs for a while just in case but think he remembers last nights adventure! Not saying that he won't wander off again, but it worked tonight!

Last Friday when I picked him up from daycare, he was having fun at Maria's so I said "do you want to spend the weekend at Maria's?" Not realizing he understood what I said, we drove home - he wasn't happy. We got inside, let the dogs out and I went up to change. I heard him crying but it sounded far away. I walked back downstairs to realize that this kiddo can open doors - he was standing in the garage by the car wanting to get in to go back to Maria's house. I opened the car door and put him in his car seat. Daddy pulled in just then and was wondering what we were doing! It took a little while but he finally decided we were ok to hang out with for the weekend. But since then, he has been opening doors around the house. He must have grown just enough to turn the knobs!

When I picked him up from daycare yesterday, Maria said he had a good day - he was talking in sentences. Something must have clicked overnight - she was shocked at the change! He said something like "Maria, poop in diaper," the good phrases! He was also patting one of the smaller kids on the head saying, "It's ok baby, it's ok." It's a start! He usually tells me "No mommy, stop!" when I'm laughing.

Tonight daddy and Gavin were wrestling in the family room. Daddy was laying on the floor and G was running around him counting and jumping on him. He sees the older kids wrestle at daycare so he figures he can take on pops! Every once in a while he joins the big kids in a wrestling match, they're good with him and know his limits! Watch out Tractor, Gavin is getting ready!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment