Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cloth Diapers




We went for it last weekend and started using cloth diapers.
After talking to a several folks we decided to try Bummis, the same system my brother and sister-in-law are using. The first few days were quite stressful because it seemed that were we learning how to change a diaper all over again. Plus, changing the kiddo became a two person operation as we fumbled with all the parts (liner, cloth diaper and outer shell) while trying to read the instruction manual. Despite the mumbled threats and the doggies almost getting an interesting snack we have not given up.
We ordered the small size, 8 lbs and up. HA, HA HA. Gavin is swimming in them. They make for great pictures as you can see.
But I consider it a successful day if we add 5 less disposables to the trash.

1 comment:

  1. good for you guys! oldest here is potty trained and the youngest is just 2- still in diapers....the cloth thing caught on here a little late and now I can't switch him over, it I was going tohave another I would do it! but now more kids for me! congrats it really is great! We are however recycling and composting so I hope you are proud of us for that as we work to reduce our waist here! Thomas is into "cycling" he calls it! Also- nursing is SO GREEN I made it to alomst a year with both! good for you for going for that, it is hard work to get started but so worth it in so many ways!
    loving checking your blog, keep up the pics!
    nicole

    ReplyDelete