Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gavin's First Day of Preschool


 Getting buckled in and ready to go to school!
 Here is my school!
 I really like playing with these tires!

The Colorado school year starts in mid-August (August 15!). I would have been really bummed if I lived here as a kid. Right after my birthday it would have been time to go back! Anyway... Gavin's first day of preschool was last Wednesday. On Monday of that week he got to meet his teacher for a 1:1 in the classroom. Miss Stephanie met him at the door, showed him around the classroom and took him back to show him a lesson. He gravitated to a foam block set. She asked him to take it to a desk and sit down. He did so then went ahead and started playing. She asked him to sit with his hands on his lap until she showed him what she wanted him to do. He did. Then it was his turn. He proceeded to organize all of the blocks on the tray from outside to inside. When he was done he put them all back in the box they came in - he didn't need to be asked to clean up. Then they both got up and put the blocks back where he found them. Miss Stephanie looked at me and said "He'll do fine here." Our organized child! She then showed him around the rest of the room - where we have snack, where we wash our hands and clean our plates. I think this will be a good experience for him!

On Wednesday, daddy and I went to drop Gavin off. We took the customary building exterior shot and went inside and put his extra clothes in his cubby and his nap time stuff in the nap room. Then we went out to the playground to join the rest of the kids and parents already playing. I think we lingered a little too long but Gavin seemed ok!

My little boy is in preschool. He has been in full time daycare for 3 years almost to the day and now he's graduated to the next step. Time does fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment